This keyboard is limited in supply ability due to the new design, and production workflow. It will be limited from the start. The first round will determine further changes that might need to get done, if you want all these possible changes, you can wait until there is a new revision of the Tind.
The design process of the Tind was started in 2017, under the name Fjell Pro. It started out as a normal sandwich mount keyboard, then in mid 2017, it was designed with isolation in form of a rubber layer. Experimenting with carbon fiber, rubber gaskets, POM, aluminium and brass, I believe I have found the correct composition. A composition of materials that are all functional, and actually benefit the typing experience directly. After multiple revisions, all the way to mid 2019, we finally got the seamless total isolation mount keyboard, the "Tind".
Total Isolation Mount, with evenly distributed stress points for the plate. Two layers of rubber gaskets and carbon fiber positioning frame, makes this keyboard our most unique design so far. The case is engineered as a seamless design, that enclose the entire tech under the hood. Drawing design inspiration heavily from the Mekanisk Fjell, you get the chamfered edges that started it all back in 2016.
The keyboard will use a semi-proprietary PCB-system to allow us to:
- manufacture the keyboard chassis without considering all the different PCB standards on the market
- have the USB cutout be flush with PCB
- have a USB port centered on the keyboard
- provide better fitment for the PCB, and have no chance of incompability
- have each kit packaged with everything you need except stabilisers, keycaps and switches.